• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Just a question anyone might know

L

london99

Hi everyone, Macman especially you...

I have an Imac G4 (snow) can I put a bigger screen on it if I wish?

Reaction score
What size screen do you have? 15" ? You might beable to buy a bigger screen for an iMac of eBay, or some used parts sight and use it.

The "snow" is the flat panel one right???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yea, a friend of mine put a bigger screen she got off another g4 imac, its easy, just connect it correctly and itll work. if you mean another display all together, it wont work.
for example, you cant go buy a 23 apple disply, take its guts out and mount it as a monitor on the imac.

OP
L

london99

shaun89 said:
What size screen do you have? 15" ? You might beable to buy a bigger screen for an iMac of eBay, or some used parts sight and use it.

The "snow" is the flat panel one right???

Hi Shaun,

Yep thats the one, would it mess things up? Maybe I should just stick with the one I have and be happy.
:cool:

OP
L

london99

Macman said:
yea, a friend of mine put a bigger screen she got off another g4 imac, its easy, just connect it correctly and itll work. if you mean another display all together, it wont work.
for example, you cant go buy a 23 apple disply, take its guts out and mount it as a monitor on the imac.

nah I'll just stick with the flat panel I have and stop being greedy, it's a pretty screen. I will get a bigger machine in the future on ebay.
What kind do you have?

Amanda

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.