ilife 4 install HELP!!

C

clcmason

Hey folks, so I got ilife 4 for my superdrive imac G4 and I went ot install it using the DVD and it said that I cant install it until I close on of the applications (iphoto, idvd, itunes, garageband and imovie). THe problem is that none of them were open. I restarted and shut down, and I am getting the same message. Earlier in the day I had to force quit idvd if that makes any difference. It is also worth noting that I got the update off of ebay. IS this apple's bulit in security to keep multiple people from using the same update. Help me out!! thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
open activity monitor, its in :mac hd>applications>utilities. look for anything in the list that has the name of any of those i apps in it, and select them, and click endprocess>quit, then try it.

OP
V

vtupser

You might some how have one of those apps automatically start up in the startup applications when you log in. You might want to check there and remove it from that list.

OP
C

clcmason

vtupser said:
You might some how have one of those apps automatically start up in the startup applications when you log in. You might want to check there and remove it from that list.

That was exactly it. It was an iTUnes start up deal that I had to remove from my log in. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.