• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Thought you guys would be interested in this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
It would have been at least worth it if he hit him in the face. *shrugs*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I mean...

Bush is directly responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, whether it was right or wrong. Having a shoe thrown at him is not all that big of a deal.

For those that didn't read it, the reporter had been taken hostage earlier in the war by insurgents. He was one of the lucky ones that were released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
I saw the video and immediately showed every one around me, we all decided that it would have been much better if he got hit in his face with at least one of those shoes....

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
He got some pretty good reflexes, that's all I got to say on the matter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.
Shame he missed! In Iraq it is a sign of great disrespect to be hit with or have shoes thrown at you. Don't know if any of yo remember when the Allied forces started to take control of the major cities in Iraq, all the local people were beating statues of Saddam with their shoes?

Still, a shame he missed - TWICE!!!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i was going to say what TinyEric did...

if that's all Bush gets, he got off light. very, very light.

in my opinion, someone should have thrown impeachement papers at him.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
...in my opinion, someone should have thrown impeachement papers at him.

It's a little late for that. >_<" That would have been bad because did you see how slow the guards were to respond to it all? If that had been a gun, I don't see him dodging that.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
it may be late, but i think it would be good for the american conscience, to validate the fact that he should have behaved in a more reasonable and responsible way.

hopefully the history books will show him for what he was. the absolute low point in 43 presidential terms.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I'm not sure. I still think Nixon was worse.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
in some, maybe. at least he had a brain. though that is what made him dangerous and secretive. at least he wasn't a maniacal self-appointed hand of god.

edit - and at least Nixon opened up relations with China and was able to help out a bit diplomatically later in his life. we'll see just how much good Bush can do as an ex-president.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
in some, maybe. at least he had a brain. though that is what made him dangerous and secretive. at least he wasn't a maniacal self-appointed hand of god.

edit - and at least Nixon opened up relations with China and was able to help out a bit diplomatically later in his life. we'll see just how much good Bush can do as an ex-president.

Maybe he'll take down the new Freedom towe- Ok I'll stop there or I'll get in some hardcore trouble...

i was going to say what TinyEric did...

if that's all Bush gets, he got off light. very, very light.

in my opinion, someone should have thrown impeachement papers at him.

HAHAHA!!! That would've been greatttttt hahahahahahaha.

Shame he missed! In Iraq it is a sign of great disrespect to be hit with or have shoes thrown at you. Don't know if any of yo remember when the Allied forces started to take control of the major cities in Iraq, all the local people were beating statues of Saddam with their shoes?

Still, a shame he missed - TWICE!!!

Hmmm I didn't know that's Iraqi culture. Thanks for the info tho!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.