windows to mac techno

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14" 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB DDR SDRAM/1st Gen 4GB Nano/2nd Gen 8GB Nano
i recently switched to a mac from windows(finally) and on windows i had been creating techno using fruity loops studio 7 which is a windows program only. The mac i switched to is a ibook G4 and it dosent have leopard or boot camp so i cant use fruity loops anymore. i was wondering if anyone knows of any good techno music production program that can be used on an ibook(still power pc processor) but really i could just use an earlier version of the program but anyway. i dont want a mixing program like logic i know it can make simple synths and drum beats but im looking for the real thing thx.

So my real question is does anyone know of a good techno music program for mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD @7200// iBook G3 300MHZ!, 512MB RAM!, 40GB HD!
Ableton Live is fun, just doesn't have groovebox style programming if thats what you prefer most.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14" 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB DDR SDRAM/1st Gen 4GB Nano/2nd Gen 8GB Nano
ya i got reason but for one im not at a high enough lvl of understanding to understand wat all the knobs and things do
also it completly and totaly revolves around a midi keyboard
which i have but not a midi to usb cord

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
ya i got reason but for one im not at a high enough lvl of understanding to understand wat all the knobs and things do
also it completly and totaly revolves around a midi keyboard
which i have but not a midi to usb cord

You take take a look on youtube for some tutorials on Reason. It's not too hard to learn the basics. I learnt the program without reading the manual or tutorials:D
You can check radioshack or most music stores for a midi to USB cable. Look for the M-Audio midisport 1x1.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.