Powerbook G4 alu crappy wifi connectivity

Reaction score
So I got a Powerbook G4 (I don't need much power in my laptop, but I would hate to use a PC) but it seems to have horrible wifi connnection. My pc can connect, but my mac can't. It works as I get a little signal from some of my neighbours more powerful networks and it detects itself as working. Does anyone know of a good (and cheap) third party wifi booster for the alu powerbookg5 (15", 1.5GHZ) that I can use. I've found one called quicky, but its really big, they do have one for the cardbus slot called nquicky which I wouldn't mind as I never really use cardbus and the nquicky seems to be relatively small), but it costs 65$. Does anyone know of anything else compact/ cheap that I can use to get better wifi?
-thx :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Seems kind of strange you can connect with neighbors yet not to your own in house network. What Router are you using? Are you using Encryption like WEP, WPA and if so which one?

OP
Wman
Reaction score
No, I mean. I was stealing mynegihbours (but he let me!!! as my crappynet is down) but his is normally low signal strength (although my PC craptop picks it up) and my powerbook can't detect it at all. It occasionally detects one exceptionally strong netwrok, but this is someone else's secured network. In other words: I need better wifi reception on my powerbook, in general.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.