Anyone good with Logic Express?

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a way to duplicate a track, with the same input and effects, without the duplicate mirroring the original in everything I do to it.

Eg. If I make a drum beat on one track, using one kit, and then decide to separate the snare to put some reverb on it, I have to create a new track and hunt out the same snare sound in order to do this.

I'd ideally like to be able to just duplicate the track, delete all the sounds apart from the snare and work on it from there, but when I try and do this, if I put reverb on the duplicate track, I find that exactly the same thing has appeared on the original, like they are still joined in some way. Is there any way to stop this?

Thanks very much for any answers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0ghz santa rosa
I have Logic Pro so I don't know how much that matters but with Logic Pro there is a button called "duplicate track with same settings" something like that. Its in the arrage window above all the tracks. One button is for new track, and the one next to it duplicates the track with the same settings, when I get home if I remember I will post a screen shot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - 2.26 Ghz C2D - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD
I have the same gripe with Logic Express 8, the "dulpicate track with same settings" is what the original poster is referring to I believe. When I use this option the tracks are somehow linked in that everything I do to the dupe track is done to the original.

Reaction score
Channel Strip copy - paste

Hi there!

Although I use Logic Studio 8 and not the express version, I suppose that there must be a way to also copy the channel strip settings in the specific instrument, and paste it to your new track. Every setting will be copied also. You just have to change particular things to change the new track.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.