How can I get past a stop error?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Hello, this is my first time posting on these forums. I recently got a Macbook Pro 15" with a 2.5 GHZ dual core intel and an 8600m GT 512 with 4 gigabytes of ram and Leopard pre-installed with Boot Camp 2.0.
I've been having a problem installing Windows. When I first start its setup on the partition, it never even gets to the part where I can select Fat32 or NTSF. I always get a 6f stop error. By the way, the copy of windows is a used version of XP professional with SP2, but it is legitimate.
This is extremely frustrating and any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of XP Pro SP2 disk is it? Only a boxed MS full install SP2 Home or Pro will work - or, a system builders full install SP2 Home or Pro version.

Branded versions, restore, recovery, and the like will not work. Also, the so called legitimate corporate (VL) licensed Pro version does not work.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, it's a boxed full install version.

If the copy of Pro is as you say, then it may be time to run Disk Utility from your Leopard install disk and verify the hard drive in your MBP. If the hard drive verifies OK, you may have a defective XP Pro SP2 disk.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.