GarageBand - Stereo/Mono question

Reaction score
I'm creating a podcast for a Mobile Media final.

Mid-recording, GarageBand somehow changed from Stereo to Mono. I was POSITIVE that it was set for Stereo recording, and could not have screwed this up myself because the change in audio comes MID-TAKE!

I have no idea how or why this happened.

That said: Is there anyway I can take what is already recorded and get it to play Stereo??? I know the answer is a "probably not" but Im trying to find confirmation that there's nothing I can do anyways haha

THANKS in advance to anyone who responds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
yeah, thats a big no. is it possible that the microphone became loose in the jack while you were recording? that would make it go from stereo to either the L or R. maybe try recording again but move the jack around during to see if it phases in and out of stereo.

OP
R
Reaction score
nah, was recording with an internal mic. i'll have to just deal with it or add music to make it not suck so bad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
Once it was recorded in mono you can stereo the audio. However there are some programs/plug-ins that offer a cheap stereo effect. Take a look at the LFX-1310. It has a Stereolizer setting the may help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.