How to delete a computer-to-computer network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
A while ago, I created a computer-to-computer network and promptly forgot the password - numpty!

That said, I find now that when I wish to connect my iPod Touch and MBP, the default seems to go to this particular network rather than one I create each time with a password I DO remember.

I don't seem to be able to find a screen on my MBP where I can scourge, erase, get rid of this default connection of my own making.

I'm still a bit new to this - I was delighted that I could get the iTouch to talk to the MBP let alone worry about passwords etc.

Or is there a way I can reveal the password for this dratted default connection?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
System Preferences - Network - Airport (highlighted on the left side) - Advanced -

On this screen, highlight the one it auto connects to in the box and double click

If you get a pop up about using Keychain, select Allow

Put a check mark next to 'Show Password'

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.