Installing Windows XP Professional

Reaction score
I am trying to install Windows XP Professional on my MacBook Pro using bootcamp. Everything seems to work fine but when the setup asks me to remove any discs prior to the restart, I can not eject the installation disc (using option-eject button). When I do the same in the Mac OS it works fine. I have tried holding down the mouse button when once it has restarted and, although the CD ejects, the Windows installation does not work. When I choose the windows partition, it reads 'Disc error' push any key to restart but no key on my keyboard seem to work so I am forced to manually boot the computer. Any ideas??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hold on, are you removing the disc before Windows is installed?

OP
N
Reaction score
No, after windows is installed I am told to remove the CD before the computer restarts and starts the set-up. I have tried not removing the CD but it just boots from the CD and wants to run the installer over and aver again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, so you get to the point where Windows is fully installed (as in the GUI part, not the bright blue with white text part) and it says it's going to restart. When it does, does that little line that says "Press any key to boot from disc" or something along those lines come up? If so, do you press something or do you leave it alone?

OP
N
Reaction score
I am told on a blue screen with white text that 'this portion of the installation was completed successfully. Remove any disc from drive A. Press Enter to Restart.' That is when the CD will not come out. If I leave the CD in I get an message (black screen, white text) either saying 'Press any Key to boot from disc (if you press a key, the blue screen comes back to redo the same installation) or a message that says 'Disc error. Press any key to restart.' However, my keyboard does not work so I need to manually reboot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Don't press anything so it doesn't reboot from the cd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am told on a blue screen with white text that 'this portion of the installation was completed successfully. Remove any disc from drive A. Press Enter to Restart.' That is when the CD will not come out. If I leave the CD in I get an message (black screen, white text) either saying 'Press any Key to boot from disc (if you press a key, the blue screen comes back to redo the same installation) or a message that says 'Disc error. Press any key to restart.' However, my keyboard does not work so I need to manually reboot.

Well for starters, your disc drive isn't "drive A" so that instruction doesn't apply to you. In which case just leave the disc inside the drive. Let it restart and boot into Windows setup and do its thing. In other words, once Windows setup starts, don't do anything until it asks you for more information like your CD key.

If you read the Boot Camp instructions, you would have seen where you went wrong. Please review them again before starting over.

OP
N
Reaction score
Alright so I followed Eric559's advice and did not do anything. The screen came that said to press any key to boot from CD. I didn't press anything but it says 'Disc Error. Press any key to restart.' At this point, the keyboard does not work and I can not press any key. Ill take your advice and go through the instructions again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.