Is Xp faster on Macbook then on PC?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have got an used Macbook A1181, with Intel C2D CPU.
I'm strongly suggested to run Windows XP on it as it's excepted to run much faster Windows XP then the equal mobile PC. How much faster, 2x?
I'm very new to Mac World and your replies might help me a lot :)
Is it true or a legend?

Thanks!

Roberta

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You heard wrong. A Mac is just like any other computer, Windows will run just as fast on an equally equipped PC as it will on a Mac. There's nothing special about a Mac that makes it magically run Windows twice as fast.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for your explanation!
But what is all the hype about running XP on Mac?
Why people here are installing XP to Macs?

Roberta

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To run Windows programs?

OP
M
Reaction score
Do you mean people like Macs outlook but want run XP as there is more applications availbale for XP?

Is there anything left Maclike except cool oultook, when installing full XP?

Roberta

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are some programs out there that require one to use Windows. There's Internet Explorer for those who either need to access sites that only work on IE or for web developers who need to check whether their sites work in IE. Then there those who have programs for their jobs that only work on Windows, such as accessing the corporate network or a work-related application.

I personally need Windows to use the software needed to take exams at my school.

OP
M
Reaction score
But how the XP speed on Mac was with earlier CPUs, when there weren't used Intel? For some reason people here around want to believe, that it's worth buyin Mac to run Windows XP faster.

Tia

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Windows speeds on the PowerPC architecture was horridly slow since it was being run in an emulator, which always slows things down, especially when you're emulating an entire processor.

Reaction score
Windows on an Intel-based Mac, running in a Boot Camp partition, will run the same as Windows on any other Intel-based PC with the same hardware. Period. Hope that answers your question!

People add Windows to the Mac so they can run certain apps only available in Windows, but otherwise want to use the Mac and OSX.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Many, like me, run Vmware Fusion that is a way to run Windows inside the Mac O/S. That way I can run programs from OS/X, Windows, or Linux at the same time. This is different than BootCamp, which is running Windows INSTEAD of Mac OSX.

You can download a free trial at VMware: Virtualization via Hypervisor, Virtual Machine & Server Consolidation - VMware You will need a copy of Windows XP, Vista, or whatever you want to run.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.