Garageband Recording Stuff

Reaction score
I just bought Buy Focusrite Saffire LE 6-In/8-Out FireWire Interface | Audio Interfaces & Convertors | Audio Interfaces | Musician's Friend < that interface to use as my recording interface in garage band. The problem i am having is the saffire plugins that come with the interface that i have downloaded but cannot seem to register, which is what i need to do to make it work. It is an online only affair and when i try to fill out all the info and serial # it works fine, until i attempt to select my country. When i click on that part of the registration safari closes down and a popup says that it closed unexpectedly. Ive also tried the other option which is saving the registration file to something, goin on to another comp and then downloading it back, but when i attempt this it just loads when i click to save the registration file forever. i gave it a good 30 mins. and it appeared to do nothing. this problem is all related to garage band, because i'm trying to use those plugins to turn up the recording level on the saffire, (garage band has grayed out the slider). I cant turn up the level and therefore i cant really record. the Saffire itself seems to work perfectly. I was using it just plugged in w/o software for a couple of days and it worked fine. I'm not sure if a firmware update that i apllied to the unit could have changed how it operates, or if there is anyway to figure all this out. I have a 17'' g5 with 1.9 mhz and i was saving all of my music files to an external firewire harddrive to save space.
I have set the input and output as saffire on gb and tried every combination. i also attempted to download firefox and internet explorer so i could fill out registation without the crash, but they would not run.

help pleaseeee::Oops:

OP
T
Reaction score
I just bought Buy Focusrite Saffire LE 6-In/8-Out FireWire Interface | Audio Interfaces & Convertors | Audio Interfaces | Musician's Friend < that interface to use as my recording interface in garage band. The problem i am having is the saffire plugins that come with the interface that i have downloaded but cannot seem to register, which is what i need to do to make it work. It is an online only affair and when i try to fill out all the info and serial # it works fine, until i attempt to select my country. When i click on that part of the registration safari closes down and a popup says that it closed unexpectedly. Ive also tried the other option which is saving the registration file to something, goin on to another comp and then downloading it back, but when i attempt this it just loads when i click to save the registration file forever. i gave it a good 30 mins. and it appeared to do nothing. this problem is all related to garage band, because i'm trying to use those plugins to turn up the recording level on the saffire, (garage band has grayed out the slider). I cant turn up the level and therefore i cant really record. the Saffire itself seems to work perfectly. I was using it just plugged in w/o software for a couple of days and it worked fine. I'm not sure if a firmware update that i apllied to the unit could have changed how it operates, or if there is anyway to figure all this out. I have a 17'' g5 with 1.9 mhz and i was saving all of my music files to an external firewire harddrive to save space.
I have set the input and output as saffire on gb and tried every combination. i also attempted to download firefox and internet explorer so i could fill out registation without the crash, but they would not run.

help pleaseeee::Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.