I can't get my audio cd's from itunes to play in my car?!

M

mac_noobie

I make a playlist in itunes, and then put in a blank cd and click burn... and yes ive tried cd-r's instead of cd-rw.

Anyone have any ideas... It's as if my car's cd player doesnt recognize the disk.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
Some CD players cannot play CD-R's, because that slight technological enhancement would raise the price. You may have to contact the manufacturer.

OP
W

Wapa18

are you sure that itunes is set to make audio cd's and not data cd's in burning preferences?

OP
M

mac_noobie

No I'm certain it plays cd-r's I have burnt other cd-r's using my older pc and they work in it... however I sold that older pc for this powerbook lol

and yes it is set to audio

Any other suggestions?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
You might want to try a different kind of CD-R, like a different brand. Maybe your car's cd player is picky.

OP
D

Desolate One

Do the CD-R's play in other CD players? Have you tried them in your home stereo or someone else's car?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If no one else suggested this, try slowing down your burn rate to about 4x if possible. I find by dooing that most systems can play my burned CDs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 700MH, Mac mini 1.66GH core duo, iPod 5G 60Gig
Make sure they are CD-Rs too and not CD-RW, the rewritables don't work in any car I've drivin in.

OP
U

UncSki1218

guys do us all a favor and read everyones post so we dont read the same thing five times

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.