Ethernet not connecting

Reaction score
Hope someone can help, I have an odd problem with a Blue and White G3, 350Mhz using OS9.2. I connect to the internet via a Netgear router, my PC ues the same router. Two months ago the router had to be returned for repair and the shop lent me an Orange 'Livebox' which is a piece of crap supplied by Orange over here in France to it's ADSL users. It won't work with the old OS9 sytem so I haven't used my Mac on the internet for two months. (I need it for website maintenance work). Two days ago I took delivery of a replacement router (same Netgear model) connected it up exactly as before via the ethernet port but now the router and Mac won't 'talk' to each other. Any pointers on what needs to be set up in the mac for an ethernet connection? I may have changed the connections when trying to get the Orange router to work and can't get back to where I was. When I originally fired up the Netgear router and the Mac, (eight months ago) they just connected no problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
I find if after a little bit of restarting and playing with settings that it still does not work, I switch cables and see if that works.

Otherwise it may be the router they gave you. It is just a network device and should not be limited by the OS of the connected system (I could be wrong, but that is my understanding).

Reaction score
Open the remote access control panel and in the pull down menu select connect via ethernet. Make shure appletalk is on and in the ethernet contol panel connect ethernet is checked. Could be the new router is not apple compatable look for the first one you had by serial number on ebay. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.