Xbox Live, iMac G3 and a wireless network!!! HELP!!

S

Storm Trooper

Hey,

I have an Xbox and an iMac G3 in my basement. I have Bell Sympatico High Speed wirelessly going to it and 2 others in my house using an Airport Base Station. Because my airport is upstairs, I can not put an Ethernet cable running directly into it. I put and Ethernet cable going into my Xbox and into my G3. In theory, it should be transmitting the internet int the G3 and then into my Xbox. When I turn the Xbox on and go to Xbox Live, however, it says "NO CONNECTION FOUND". I have called Xbox Live tech support and Apple tech support but neither gave me a difinitive answer.
Please, if anyone has encountered this problem and solved it or heard what to do, please help.
thx

-Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
What OS are you running on the iMac, and have you enabled internet sharing?

OP
S

Storm Trooper

Padawan said:
What OS are you running on the iMac, and have you enabled internet sharing?

I am running OS X 10.3.7 on all computers and yes, i have enabled internet sharing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Storm Trooper said:
I am running OS X 10.3.7 on all computers and yes, i have enabled internet sharing.

Do you have another computer that you could plug into the iMac's ethernet port to see if the internet connection is indeed live? I'm not very familiar with setting up an Xbox with ethernet, so I'm not sure what exactly is involved on that end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Storm Trooper said:
I checked and yes, the internet connection is live.

If that's the case, it seems like there's a problem on the Xbox end of things. I wish I knew more about setting that up, but perhaps you could also check around on some of the Xbox forums.

Reaction score
Storm,
there's a pass through program for OS X that allows you to connect to xbox live through your Mac. Aqua pass or something. Look for it in google and youll find it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.