How do I get an image to animate?

H

Horatio Street

I copied this animated dance image from a website.

[ (Well, I tried to paste it here so you could see it. I thought all I had to do was drag it here, but I guess life's just not that easy.) ]

Visualize this: a man and woman dancing. Really cute. Except that when I copied it for myself from the website, they won't "dance".

So how is this done? What's the magic command?

Thanks. :eek:neye:

OP
G

Gar

well its a gif i imagine so it wont just animate in preview or anything....what do you need to use it for? if you put it on a webpage it will animate. if you really wanna see it, download a gif animator which will also play gif already created or downloaded

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Or..If you'd like to see it...open safari, and drag it in..

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Hi
Open it in Preview, usually just double click it and then control click (right click) customise toolbar and drag 'Play' onto it :)
Have fun

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
ApplejustWorks said:

nice new avatar and sig. I dont think using staccato 222 bt is a good idea for a sig, but it looks nice.
anyway, control click the image and asave to your mac, then edit it as you wish,
and post it here as usual.

OP
H

Horatio Street

torchy said:
Hi
Open it in Preview, usually just double click it and then control click (right click) customise toolbar and drag 'Play' onto it :)
Have fun

I have this horrible sinking feeling that there's something missing in my iBook system. I follow all the suggestions and none of them work.

In this case, I open it in Preview, I control click, and get no customize toolbar to use. It remains static.

:bandage:

OP
H

Horatio Street

Gar said:
well its a gif i imagine so it wont just animate in preview or anything....what do you need to use it for? if you put it on a webpage it will animate. if you really wanna see it, download a gif animator which will also play gif already created or downloaded

It is, indeed, a gif image. Do you have any suggestions regarding which gif animator to download? Thank you.

:eek:neye:

OP
H

Horatio Street

ApplejustWorks said:

Forgive my ignorance in these matters. I really don't use my Mac for anything more than occasional documents and web surfing. So I'm not as educated in these matters as the rest of you are. You say to open Safari and drag it in. I'm lost. Safari is a browser. How can I get it to animate the image that's now sitting on my desktop?

:blind:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
What torchy suggested was to either drag and drop the .gif file on the safari icon or start the safari browser. Then click and drag the .gif file from the desktop on to the open safari browser.

I just tried both methods and they both work.

OP
H

Horatio Street

rman said:
What torchy suggested was to either drag and drop the .gif file on the safari icon or start the safari browser. Then click and drag the .gif file from the desktop on to the open safari browser.

I just tried both methods and they both work.

Ya! I did it, too, and they danced!! What fun. What's the secret here? How come it works when dropped into Safari, but stays static everywhere else? Also, is there a way to make them a (dancing) part of my email signature? I use MacMail.

THANK YOU!
:flower:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.