iPod Docking Sound Station

Reaction score
Hello All, I am search for a gift for my brother this holiday season. I am looking for a portable iPod Docking Station that can be used to play music from his iPod/Computer. His main concerns for this component are 1, the portability. He would like to be able to take an iPod and the dock into the dorm bathroom, friends rooms, outdoors, etc. 2, This device needs to run on batteries (a rechargeable battery would be best, but they can always be purchased separately) because when he goes to the basketball/tennis/sport court he would like to take it with him to listen to music. 3, The device needs to have an auxillary input to plug his MBP into to listen to itunes music, youtube videos, system sounds etc. Optionally (and of lower concern), it could have a USB type dongle that will let him stream music wirelessly to the dock. 4, He wants the speakers to be LOUD!!!! (after all he is only 18) ;)

Being a DIY home repairmen myself, I am familiar with the Dewalt and bosch jobsite radios and I have recommended them to him because it really is exactly what he is looking for, although he does not like the looks of them :Confused: . If any of you have suggestions, or could point me in the right direction, please do...

Thanks, appisgrt

OP
appleisgreat
Reaction score
Thanks Eric, I did see that, but only one that I see there is able to take batteries rather than plugging in. I have found another device call the boombucket that looks to be perfect for him, except for one MAJOR downfall... it does not say it is compatable with the ipod touch. hmmm, wonder if it is on of those accessories that just doesnt charge it (he could maybe live without that).

OP
appleisgreat
Reaction score
Is this the one your talking about?

SkyMall - Boombucket Music System

Yes, but although the skymall site says it is compatable with the touch... I went to the brookstone store in the mall last night to confirm and the touch does not fit into the slot allowed for an iPod. The only reason I could see them putting that it is compatable with the touch is that it also has an aux input. That wouls work, but kind of defeats the purpose of the device. Any other suggestions... There has to be SOMETHING out there!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.