Mac Book and Canon MX700

Reaction score
I just bought a Mac Book last weekend. I also jst got a Cannon MX700 all in one printer. I have a Linksys woreless router in my house. The Cannon is connected to the network via ethernet cable.

I installed the cannon software onto my new mac book, however the mac book can't seem to see the printer. It has no problem with email or surfing though.

Any ideas?
thanx

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
According to Canon, it should work on the ethernet connection - but usually, when the manufacturer states that, they're referring to a Windows setup.

Also, there's a Mac OS X firmware update for the printer which can be downloaded from Canon. Download and install it first, see if it helps.

PIXMA MX700 office all in one inkjet printer

Before going on... Hook the Pixma 700 up via a USB cable direct to your Mac and make sure it works that way.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.