Need Help with BootCamp!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro OSX 2.4ghz 2gb
I am a new Mac user...I just purchased a Mac Book Pro 2.4 Ghz...
I tried to install Windows XP using BootCamp and everything seemed fine untill it rebooted and with the Windows XP cd still in the computer, it booted up the windows instalation again...it also shows a Disk Error message if i dont press any keys..
so i restarted the computer and keeps taking me to the same thing and wont let me eject the Windows CD...
I messed around with a little more and i think i erased the partition i created for windows and installed it on another one that I wasn't suppose too...WHAT I MESS!!!

Please Help...what should i do!!!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can you get back into the Mac operating system - OS X? (Restart the machine and hold down the Option Key, select OS X.)

If you can get back into OS X, just use the CD\DVD eject key to remove the XP disk. When in OS X, go to Utilities, and select Disk Utility. What are you showing for partitions?

RE your XP disk: What kind is it? Only a boxed MS copy of XP SP2 full install or a system builders XP SP2 full install disk will work with Boot Camp. You can not use a recovery disk or a branded OEM disk - they won't work and usually will cause the symptom you described.

Regards.

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem. The windows cd that I have has worked before when I first got my mac. Does anyone know why this may of happened all of a sudden?

I have tried reinstalling OS X as well because that is the only way to get rid of the "disk read error".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.