Networking between a Macbook and PC.

Reaction score
Hello!
I recently bought a MacBook (Intel) 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo OX Leopard which has a Wi-Fi capability. I want to network with my PC Intel Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.8 GHz which has OS Windows XP MCE installed. For networking purpose, I have bought a Wireless G ADSL router with in-built modem and an PCI wireless adapter and installed it on my PC. I would appreciate if anyone could help me out in order to share files between them. Thank you!:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
It depends on which computer you want to share from. Since the windows box is the desktop, I'm guessing that you want to share files that are on that.

to enable file sharing in windows-

go to the drive or folder that you want to share and right click on it

select "sharing and security"

It will give you a warning stating the risk of sharing files over the network. Click on the statement that is like a link in a webpage.

Click on the box that says "share this folder on my network"

If you want your macbook to beable to write to that drive, check the box "allow users to change files" (or something like that)

Press ok

Now on the mac in the finder go to GO>Network. this should come up with a list of you computers on the network. Find the one you want and connect to it. You should see a list of all of your shared folders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external
what pray tell are the steps for the reverse, sharing the files from a mac?

i've got a compaq laptop i've setup on my desk as my server of sorts, connected to it are my 500 and 750 gb drives. it is also my torrenting machine, so that i can download at a steady rate (my powerbook goes between the house and garage all day, so it keeps jumping networks)

that being said, i do download stuff on my powerbook, since it is my primary machine. i'll get music from friends via instant message. i'll download pdf's, pictures, etc. yes, i could use a thumbdrive or my ipod, and of course..the obvious, i can just do it from osx and move to the ntfs drive.

the compaq also acts as my bedroom jukebox, so once i come in for the night/day (i work when when i get up, i have no set hours) i just give the powerbook a rest and jump on the xp machine.

so that being said, i've already setup to see the xp machine and drives from the mac, how do i do the reverse?

Reaction score
how to read fat32 usb harddrive on my macmini?

hei, I just bought a mac mini.
I want to get the data from my former PC, so i put the harddrive in a usb box, and plugged it in my mac.
The mac recognize the hard drive but cannot get the data out.
How can i solve this problem?

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
threadjack...but......paragon ntfs would probably fix that.

unless you are talking about stuff that was on the desktop or in the user folders, in which case...put the thing back in the pc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bump, still looking for me answer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.