Boot Camp driver-issues

Reaction score
I just installed Windows XP pro SP2 on my new aluminum Macbook. But I'm having some frustrating problems with the drivers. Installed the drivers from the Leopard DVD, and without checking if everything worked, I installed the Boot Camp 2.1 update from Apple. I then proceeded to update my XP to SP3. That's when I noticed that there was no way in **** I could get a right-click, and that there was no sound.

I've tried repairing and reinstalling the drivers from the Leopard DVD many times. Also the 2.1 update. Sometimes the sound works, sometimes it does not. But the right-click never works. Also tried to install just the trackpad drivers seperately, but with no luck.

Has anybody got some idea of how I can fix this? I am hoping to do it without reinstalling XP.

Suggestions are extremely appreciated, as I am growing desperate :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Right-clicking works a little different in Windows than it does in OS X. Basically you hold two fingers on the trackpad and then click the trackpad button. Alternatively, you can also use Command-Click for a right-click.

As far as the sound issues go, that's another story. I've seen lots of threads from people who have difficulty with the sound card drivers in Boot Camp, but I don't believe there's any magic bullet to solve them.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah I've read some of them. But not really found a good solution to my particular problem. And I know how the right-clicking works. It just doesn't work :)..Guess I should have mentioned that...The right-clicking is actually my main concern...Sound is not that important for my use of windows..And it's the right clicking I can't get to work, no matter what I do...Works with an external mouse, but no point in dragging a mouse to school every day..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.