non-working wi-fi

Reaction score
It all started about a week and a half ago. My room-mate upgraded our netgear router to a Airport Express, primarily for Airtunes. While I'm greatful for Airtunes, I'm not for my lack of internet.

It wouldn't work for the longest time, so I started using the wi-fi that our building has. Although it was slower, it worked for a while. Now that network won't work either. Both have the max signal bars. And get this, I have a valid IP address on both of them, and yet, no internet; unless of course I hook up to the ethernet, which is what I'm doing now.

Because both networks work on all of my room-mates computers, all macs by the way, I must assume that the problem is on my end, and yet I can't figure it out. I consider my self well versed in technology, but I'm really at a loss.

I've reset the router, and but still to no avail. Oddly I am still able to use the airtunes function of the router, and other peoples computers from the building are visible on the intranet.

Please help, I'm at a loss. It all happened suddenly, without any changes in settings from me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.