USB M audio midisport not working on new Macbook Pro??

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have an M audio midisport midi interface hooked up to my new Macbook pro via USB. I have the latest driver, which I am told is the correct one for my OS (10.5.5). My Mac recognizes my midisport as I have set it up in the Audio/Midi manager. Logic also recognizes that it's there. However, when I hit the keys on my controller keyboard Logic doesn't receive the midi.
I spoke to M audio and they told me that the USB ports on the new Macbook pro are shared with various other things like the built in camera and bluetooth etc etc. They said that it makes any real time control via USB not work very well. The mac support people told me that it is a driver issue. So can anyone out there help me? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks

Reaction score
Driver Problems

Hi Robin,

it seems to be the same problem like everytime a new product is launched. I guess the the new Mac Book Pro will have to get its bugs fixed until it will work properly.
I wouldn't try to find the fault on Maudios site. Apple will fix it soon...hopefully.

Reaction score
This ist a very late reply, but perhaps interesting for other user. A workaround for the midisport and macbook pro problem is to put an usb-hub between your book and the midisport-interface. i had the same problem and tried to get different drivers to work, put nothing worked out until i tried the hub.

concerning apple i am very unpleased with any support. i had a similar problem with an imac and an rme fireface 800. it didn't work proberly with the firewire400-port until i put - again - an external harddrive as a hub with two firewire-ports between. that finally worked. rme told me, that apple will no longer work with TI-Chipsets but is going to use cheaper "chinaware"-chipsets. this causes problems on not only rme-hardware. apple hardware has lost a lot of its compatibility to external devices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.