Songs from Mac too ex harddrive

Reaction score
Hello

How can I get music from my Macbook pro OSX to my external harddrive. When I try to pull it over to the externat harddrive theres just a red symbol over it.

Can it really be try that you cant export music from a macbook???

OP
K
Reaction score
unfortunately not. This only indicates how I move music around on a pc. It's in the OSX software I need to know how to move around the music..

OP
K
Reaction score
Music from Mac to XP

Hi, I recently added Windows XP to my new Macbook pro. I therefor wanted to get all my music from my OSX to XP via my external harddrive. But everytime I tried to put the music from file or from Itunes over to the hardrive, a red cross was over the file. So it wasn't possible. Suddenly it asked if I wanted to back all the music up on the external harddrive. If I did, I needed to convert my external harddrive into, not sure about this; ''Timemachine safety copy'' or something like this. So I did, and suddenly it was possible to put all the music on the harddrive.
But the problems is just that when I open XP and put in my external harddrive in the USB, nothing opens up. It's like it only works in OSX now.

How can I fix this? Any solutions? Many must have tried the same thing, right?

Thank you

Kenneth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
A red symbol? Can you explain more? I'm dragging songs fine from my Mac to external HD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Have you tried looking for it in Finder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Could it be the file label?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.