• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Best time to buy

Reaction score
Im looking to upgrade a new macbook from my powerbook g4. I was just wondering when the best time to buy it might be since Im not in a hurry. Does apple ever run any after thanksgiving day sales, or no tax days? Just wondering if the company did anything like that or not...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Might not be a bad idea to wait until after Macworld to see what new products are released (if any), since time isn't of the essence.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The best time to buy is when you have the readies available to spend.

OP
B
Reaction score
I have the money available to spend but I am just trying to be a smart buyer. I dont have to upgrade this moment but would like to soon.

What kind of things come out of Macworld that could affect my purchase of the macbook? I'm sure they are not going to release a new notebook so what factors affect it? Besides if I wait until then I will not be able to take advantage of the black friday special.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well, this year, I'd expect we'll at least get an update on Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6), if not an actual release. Additionally, you will probably see the 17" MacBook Pro refreshed (although I know you said you were looking at the standard MacBook). Hard to say, but January is typically a good month for sales (particularly if the Christmas season is as slow as many are expecting) and since new products are always announced at Macworld, it's probably best to wait if you can.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.