• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How did you find Mac-Forums?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I found us by a google search. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.1GHz, 4Gb RAM, 120Gb white
Same, best serch engine yields the best forums :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
I have to 'blame' Google too. I scarcely remember a time before 'just type it into Google and there it is' wasn't the case.

Some bits of technology are just outstanding - everyone's a winner here!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Blackbook, 4GB memory, 250GB HD
I also found us thru Google.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Google. I was looking for a solution to an iChat problem, and I registered because I found out how to fix it, and I wanted to tell everyone in case they had the same problem.

Here is the post that I started when I registered.

After that I browsed through the forums, and then I got hooked.

Reaction score
Google, every time I find something I instantly become addicted to like my macbook, sidekick, paintball and other hobbies of mine I search for a forum I can join and learn every thing I can about the subject. So I typed in "Mac Forums" and just so happen to find...mac-forums.com hahah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
After I got my Mac I wanted to find a good Mac forum to join. I searched Google and signed up at a couple, but this one turned out to be the best one :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Another vote for the Oracle known as Google!

OP
BlueMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Google is taking over the world

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.8GHz. 320GB@7200.
Add me to the Google list too. Previously I would go to Apple's discussion forums when I had a issue I needed help with. Generally I would find the answers I was looking for but replies there seemed to take awhile. This time around (I just bought a new MacBook Pro), I did a search on Google for Mac / Apple forums - checked out a couple and thought the traffic here was more interesting. Mind you, while lurking for a week or two before joining.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I found it through Baggss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
Recommendation from a fellow Mac user (who found it on Google!).

Reaction score
I also found this forum through Google. Who would have thought that a website that finds other websites would be such a big hit.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I had just purchased my first PowerMac G4 and showed OSX to a friend. He switched from his Windows machine to a PowerMac G5 and searched for a good Mac Forum to ask questions. He found Mac Forums and told me and I have been here ever since that day.

OP
BlueMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had just purchased my first PowerMac G4 and showed OSX to a friend. He switched from his Windows machine to a PowerMac G5 and searched for a good Mac Forum to ask questions. He found Mac Forums and told me and I have been here ever since that day.

Little did you know you would soon be a mod for that forum. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.