Aluminum Apple Remote?

Reaction score
I personally think it's time for Apple to faze out the white/black plastics altogether and the next item to be revamped should be the Apple Remote. The plastic gets very dirty and just feels cheap. If they made the remote aluminum plus added a laser or some other features I'd get one with a new Mac. A feature I was thinking of was adding a pointer so that when the Mac detected the remote it would allow the remote to act as the cursor and sense the remote with respect to the screen. It'd be easier to click-and-drag that way. If the remote was shrunken like the iPod shuffle, but not too small, they'd be a great companion to the laptops.

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal at all but white platic accessories (the same old white plastic Magsafe power cord being used in the Alum Macbooks) just don't look good with aluminum / black products. It probably wouldn't cost Apple much to make them using recyclable Aluminum since they can use the Aluminum they collect from carving the Macbook's unibody casing to make the Apple Remotes. I think it could work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
Hummm, I don't think there would be a problem making them out of Aluminum but I think the wii style lazer your talking about would push the cost of the remote up too much, I mean I wouldn't buy one as it is, I only got it as it came free with my mini.

OP
L
Reaction score
Yeah, the was just an idea. They don't have to add it since you can do something similar if you download certain software. Using aluminum would just be more efficient than using white plastic and would look better. It wouldn't cost them much to do this though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.