Suse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
okay igive up...anyone know of a good place to find and download this? i just felt like playing with it but it just is not working because i cant find a link or mirror that work

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
You can download it right from Suse but it is the FTP download that excludes some packages but it should still be more than functional.

If you want a good distro of Linux to download and play with, try Arch Linux.

Reaction score
coach_z said:
okay igive up...anyone know of a good place to find and download this? i just felt like playing with it but it just is not working because i cant find a link or mirror that work

-chris

I think i saw something the other day where Novell is going to be putting SuSE iso's up for downloading, you might want to check with them about just when. Lots of luck with it, since Novell took over their first release V.9.2 gave a lot of problems. I installed v.8.1, v.8.2 and v.9.1 on many different machines and it always installed and worked out of the box, but Novells first, V.9.2 would not install properly on 4 of the 5 different systems that I tried it on...

Not only that but their so called "customer tech support" was sadly lacking in both knowledge and support...

J

Jdurr

Linuxquestions.org has mirrors for almost any Linux distro you could possibly want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
try liveCDs first to get a taste of the different flavors that are out there,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.