• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

who said soccer is for wimps!?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
baseball? Really? I mean, I can see Hockey and Lacrosse :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
I would never argue for baseball... you can smoke a pack a day and be a pro baseball player. Or get drunk and throw a perfect game * Cough* David Wells

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod touch 32gb first gen. MacBook, iBook G4 and a broken PowerBook G4 15"
Lol, wrestling takes the most strength, both mentaly and phisicaly, if that is what you mean. Soccer and football come next. Basebal trails a long way off in my opinion...... But then again I am told I am wrong for the most part. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wrestled, played hockey, football and baseball. Hockey was a very close second to wrestling for conditioning. Football, not so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod touch 32gb first gen. MacBook, iBook G4 and a broken PowerBook G4 15"
Edit: Wrestling, Hockey and then the other sports. LOL

Reaction score
Soccer is probably one of the best games ever. But i would say UFC to be the most physical.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Who ever said Soccer is for wimps is totally stupid (no offense). All of my male family members love to play soccer, but only two of them (including their fathers) are taking it seriously by joining clubs, playing international matches, and stuff like that. My cousin, a 25 years old guy, plays for Zamalek team, the first squad. Also played for the youth national Egyptian team when he was 20 or 21, but then he stopped because he got older and he wasn't taken in the team lol. Anyway, I can assure you he suffered a lot of injuries including kicks in the forehead (by accident of course), shoulder knock off, and other things. Soccer is dangerous but the MOST fun ever!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
I don't like it when people say that. I don't play soccer, but it is a very physically demanding sport. You run, jump, kick, throw... it is very difficult to play well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - 2.26 Ghz C2D - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD
Yeah it seems to me that foot-eye coordination is much harder to improve than hand-eye coordination. I haven't played soccer since I was a wee-lad, but I loved it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wrestled in high school and the conditioning was hellish. The wonderful thing about soccer conditioning is your pretty much just running.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GB RAM, 2.2Ghz, 160GB HD. 160GB Ipod Classic. 16GB iphone 3GS. Red 2G Shuffle.
We've started off debating why soccer (or what I'd call football) isn't for wimps to discussing conditioning... with comments like UFC being most physical thrown in?

Sure, it might be easy in some eyes to run for 10 kilometres in a game of soccer, and believe me, many wingers in the champions league regularly hit that distance per game, but then it is a different type of fitness (aerobic) that is required to boxing or judo (requires anaerobic fitness)... UFC is hardcore, agreed, but look how often boxers will engage as opposed to UFC fighters who for the larger part of a fight will not engage half as much... for various reasons.

To me, assessing the real toughness of a competitor would be someone that perhaps does it for the love of the sport, footballers and baseball players and UFC fighters for example, are paid way too much, I'd sure as **** let someone kick me about the head if I knew I'd get a couple million for it! When you have amateurs that are getting up in the am, training, getting hurt, dedicating them to their sport purely for glory, irrelevant of cost to them... then whatever sport it is, that's no wimp before you. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Let me preface this by saying I have nothing major against soccer. I love to watch important matches when I can. I believe in America one of the major reasons for soccer players being called wimps is the faking of injuries. We have all seen a player acting like he took a much harder shot than he actually did. Columbus is home to a major league soccer team which i watch every once and a while. One of the games i went to a player fell hard holding his left knee but the replay revealed he was hit on his right knee. This is a stark contrast to american football where in some instances players have knowingly sacrificed permanent mobility of limbs to get back in a game.
/rant

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GB RAM, 2.2Ghz, 160GB HD. 160GB Ipod Classic. 16GB iphone 3GS. Red 2G Shuffle.
Doesn't just happen in America unfortunately, it's now a generally accepted part of football, it's not so bad in scottish leagues compared to the major european leagues and so it's pure comedy when foreign players give out about our game being brutal and vicious. Deal with it!

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Soccer is for idiots, football is for men (and I don't mean American football).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Well, Soccer isn't so popular in the States though. Just American Football, Baseball, and Basketball.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
We're fortunate in NZ at present in that we're hosting the Women's under-17 soccer World Cup. North Korea (gasp!) are into the final on Sun 16 Nov against ... wait for it ... the United States. Having watched some of the games, football/soccer is anything but wimpish.

Unfortunately, as another post hinted at, the prima donna, Oscar-award performances on-field from overpaid, professional players loses respect from casual observers such as myself. But the game is still not for wimps, no way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, Soccer isn't so popular in the States though. Just American Football, Baseball, and Basketball.
It's been slowly gaining popularity. Heck, we even had rugby teams at school here ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.