Q's about Emulating Windows/MS Office on an APPLE iMac

Reaction score
Hi,

A few weeks back I posted a question pertaining to MS Office, and someone pointed out that MS Access is not part of the Office suite for Apple.

But still, an iMac G5 has been on my mind for some time now... :cool:

I stopped by the apple retail store, and posed the question to the Apple technician. He mentioned "Of course you can use MS Access on an Apple. You just need to purchase an emulator program." He told me I would be just fine if I used virtual PC 7.

Now, has anyone tried that? Would I be able to bring Access databases from work, and design them on an Apple?

Thanks,

Vake J.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
it would work, but its incredibly slow and cumbersome. its not really worth it.

F

funky

Vincent, maybe it would be worth it to him because it's part of his job?

I've used emulators and yes, they are not as fast as running the real thing, but it would work.

Reaction score
VakeJ said:
Hi,

Now, has anyone tried that? Would I be able to bring Access databases from work, and design them on an Apple?

Thanks,

Vake J.

Doesn't Access save as a db file? If so you could snag it in Excel and work on it there.

B

bograt69

I tried VPC6.0 on my iBook before I upgraded the ram, it was incredibly slow and even more painful to use than windows usually is, got 640mb now and its actually quite useable, not lightning fast or anything, but it still runs faster than my old PC!

Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.