Boot Camp: iPod Sync?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1 TB HD, ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB, Bootcamp 3.0
I'd really like to find a way to get (or at least play) my iPod's songs on iTunes while I'm running Boot Camp. Of course it won't let me sync up because all my songs are on the Mac partition and it thinks this is a different computer. Is there any way around this?

OP
nmccready
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1 TB HD, ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB, Bootcamp 3.0
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 GHz intel c2d, 2gb ram, xp and os x.6
are you saying you want to listen to the songs on your mac partition while your using windows?

if so what you need to do is create a separate FAT32 partition where you store anything you want to access both with. alternatively, you could move (not copy) all your music files to your windows partition and mount that partition when you're running os x.

if windows is formatted as fat32 that should be easy. if its formatted as ntfs than you need to download something like macfuse from googlecode and an ntfs-3g driver.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.