new to macs airport problems

Reaction score
Hi i just got my 1st mac -an old dual 2ghz g5 but i cant figure out how to connect to my wireless network. When it utility comes up to select the network it only shows one network -default and not my home network or the numerous other ones i can pick up from my house -is there something i need to do to get this to work?

help much appresciated i was so excited about getting a mac but not being able to use it is very frustrating!

thanks

Marc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, 4GB DDR3, 10.5.7
Does your network appear under this icon
2mm5oaa.png
located at the top of your screen?

OP
C
Reaction score
no when i go to

i click on the icon -join other networks and show networks and none appear, not sure whats going on, ive even bought another airport extreme card and tried it and its still the same problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, 4GB DDR3, 10.5.7
i click on the icon -join other networks and show networks and none appear, not sure whats going on, ive even bought another airport extreme card and tried it and its still the same problem?

Did you set this network up yourself? If so, you should be able to enter the name and password (if any) into the "Join Other Networks".

OP
C
Reaction score
yea i typed in the correct network name and password but i still dont get a connection to the internet -its as if it cant see any wifi networks???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.