Recommend display?

L

leelovesbikesto

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a 19" TFT widescreen monitor (capable of displaying 1600x1200) in the £300-£450 ($400-$600) bracket?

I work in AI mainly so colour accuracy is not a priority, but aspect is important. I've heard 17" widescreen can be a bit small for graphics work, and 20"/21" is too big for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Lee

OP
L

leelovesbikesto

leelovesbikesto said:
Hi all,

...in the £300-£450 ($400-$600) bracket?...

Sorry that should be $600-850 if it makes any difference.

Someone must have an opinion, please! Do it now!

Lee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
How about an Apple 20" cinema display?

OP
L

leelovesbikesto

edgefusion said:
How about an Apple 20" cinema display?

Perfect, but the only drawback is that it's £600. My bosses budget is £500 including a switcher. Sooo, I thought I could pick up an Iiyama, Samsung or Philips at a fraction of the price?

Lee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Then I don't know, sorry. :( You could try searching www.kelkoo.com it compares prices of lots of different online stores and gives you the cheapest.

OP
L

leelovesbikesto

edgefusion said:
Then I don't know, sorry. :( You could try searching www.kelkoo.com it compares prices of lots of different online stores and gives you the cheapest.

Thanks edgefusion. I've got it narrowed down to an Iiyama, Belinea, Acer or the 20" Cinema which all support 1600x1200. I'll try my boss with the apple first, you never know!

Lee

OP
F

flonejek

I got a Samsung 21" coz it was cheaper on sale in aust, and I regret it, I have one stuck blue pixel and the warranty only covers 3 stuck pixels or more, Apple is the best in this regard, they have a no stuck pixel warranty and I must say the Apple display looks better, me and my price gripes :(.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.