Question about using windows software after installing Parallels

Reaction score
I bought a new iMac a few weeks ago, enjoying it tremendously, haven't installed Parallels or Windows yet, here is my question.

When I install Windows and Parallels, will I then be able to install my windows software and have it work in windows on my Mac. I'm interested in installing Photoshop Elements 6, Photoshop CS3 and Dreamweaver.

I thought I was going to have to buy this new software for my Mac, but maybe I'm wrong, I'm hoping I can use my existing Windows software, it would save me a boatload of money.

If I'm able to do this, will the programs work smoothly? I have 2Gb of RAM, and am having no problems with memory at this point, the added software I have on it so far is a trial version of PSE6 for Mac, but I'm also wondering if I should buy an additional 2Gb if I am able to use these Windows programs, as I needed 4Gb for my PC to run these powerful programs without having to reboot frequently.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
yes, but maybe call Adobe and see if you can swap licenses... it'd work better without the virtualization.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can choose to run all your Windows software by either installing Parallels or Fusion. The better way in my opinion to run the Photoshop software and Dreamweaver is to do it direct from Windows installed via Boot Camp.

Running Windows natively will also give you the option of downloading and installing the latest graphic drivers for your GPU installed in the iMac. As far as memory is concerned, by all means upgrade your machine to its capacity 4 GB. I think you'll find that your new iMac will run Windows better than most Win machines. :D

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can cross grade your software at a very low cost, just contact Adobe, they are very helpful

Adobe will allow you to perform a cross-grade, or cross-platform upgrade, of your Adobe product, assuming it meets the upgrade qualifications and provided you send them a signed Letter of Software Destruction. The Letter of Destruction states that you agree to delete all copies of the product you are exchanging and also that you will not "sell, transfer, give away, donate, or otherwise distribute the exchanged Adobe product or copies to anyone else."

You will still need to pay the upgrade cost, and you will need to conduct the purchase via telephone by calling Adobe Sales at 1-800-833-6687 (see Adobe.com for international numbers). The Letter of Software Destruction may be faxed, e-mailed, or snail-mailed to Adobe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.