MediaCenter

Reaction score
Hi

I have a MediaCenter external hard drive that I use to play movies. I used to have a Windows and when I plugged it into my Mac it said I could only read the files and not delete or add more files onto it. So it told me I needed to to "Disk Utility" and erase everything. I did this and placed the new files onto the MediaCenter. The files transfered so I unplugged it and put it into my television. When I turned it on it said there is nothing and I have tried multiple times and it still says there is nothing on the hard drive. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT
You probably formatted your hard drive in Mac OS Format, whereas your media centre would only be able to read NTFS or may be FAT as well. I would suggest installing windows on your mac as well to be able to use the media centre hard drive same way as you used to in the past with windows PC.

OP
J
Reaction score
that would seem the right thing to do but i think the firmware is gone. so even if i got windows it still shows up as an empty hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT
U can download the firmware from the manufacturer's website..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.