Zip then FTP

Reaction score
I would like to set up a script or something that would automaticly the frist time I start up my new Mac for the day. This script would zip up a list of files based on the list in a text file? then ftp this ziped up group of files to a of line server.

I have never used a script file.

I had this working on my pc. It would look at a date file and if different then zip the files then ftp the ziped file. I used 7zip and windows ftp and created a batch file to do the work. It would run each time in the start up of windows.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Roger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Use Automator and Transmit's Automator actions:

You can specify a folder, tell Finder to zip it and then use Transmit to sync that folder.

Save the whole kaboodle as an application and then set it as one of your login items.

OP
R
Reaction score
Ftp

OK thanks I got most of it working except the FTP part.

I have downloaded upload to FTP v1.5 and installed it but I can not find it in the items available in the Automator.

I also downloaded ClasicFTP and got it to work but how do get programs to run in automator?

I have looked for it using finder but still can not get it to be an action in automator.

Help
Thanks
Roger

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.