drum grid sequencing software?

Reaction score
hello. i'm going to start recording soon on my new macbook pro (my first mac :) and want to be able to customize my drum tracks, and not just use the loops that come with garageband. is there any good drum grid sequencing software out there (as in it has a grid where i place dots where i want the sample to play)? I've heard that superior drummer is good, but from what i can tell, it doesn't actually use a grid interface. i like the layout of leafdrums (a free grid sequencing program that only works for windows) but i want something more professional. thanks for you help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
Have you tried using the drum grid in garage band? It's really not that bad if you're tring to keep the money in your pocket. If you want to spend a little, i would suggest Logic (express or full versions). Logic works really well with automated instruments, as well as garage band. You just need to is quantize the notes you played and maybe EQ them a little to get the fake sound out of it. GarageBand makes it pretty easy. I use it on almost all my projects. Let me know how it goes for you. I know a few tricks to make it easier.

-Jmurr

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.