• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mono at 24?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
I'm quite concerned over my apparent failing health for the past two weeks. I seem to have a minor sore throat, fever that wont go away, and extreme fatigue, weakness and malaise. I hate going to doctors and I hate needles. (Biggest phobia.) But do you guys think this is one of those extenuating circumstances in which I should go see what's going on? I've only been up for 10 hours and I feel like I could pass out at any second..>< I've read up on it, it seems like I have classic mono symptoms. And no I haven't been kissing anybody, except for my new MacBook cos it's so purdy...Ew that sounded creepy..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you've been consistently sick for the past two weeks, then yea, I'd recommend you go see a doctor. If I'm sick for more than seven days, it's a good indication that a trip to the doctor is warranted because it's not something simple like a cold.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
If you've been consistently sick for the past two weeks, then yea, I'd recommend you go see a doctor. If I'm sick for more than seven days, it's a good indication that a trip to the doctor is warranted because it's not something simple like a cold.

Agreed 100%, if it's that long then you need to see someone about it.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
I keep experiencing vertigo too...It's crazy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.6 Ghz, Ipod 1G, 3G, Nano 3G, Touch 1G, Apple TV 160GB
Hi Jaguar - yes, please go see the doc. Could be some form of strep that won't go away without antibiotics. Or maybe the 6 tacos? :) Anyway, seriously, feel better and go see the doc!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.