who is connected to my AEBS

J

jam1

How do I go about finding out which machines are connected to my base station. I cant seem to find it in any of the tabs in Airport Admin Utility. Is there any 3rd party software that does it? I have set WEP on but i still wanna know if my sis next door is connected without going over physically to check.

Also, how do I get the internal LAN IP addresses of the connected machines. I wish to connect to their server addresses via "smb://<IP> but i dont know what to input.

Appreciate if any guru can help. thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
If you have WEP turned on then others won't be able to use your network unless you gave them the WEP password.

As far as telling what IP each machine is currently on, just go to System preferences and select Sharing. With the Services tab selected, you'll see a box in the middle, the first one says "Personal File Sharing". Select/hi-lite this and under the box it will say something like "Other Mac users can access this computer by going to afp://192.168.1.108". This is the currently assigned IP address of this computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
you can also use netinfo manager in the utilities to see whos on yyour network, just click network and select your router/network, and so on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.