My photos are 'lost'

Reaction score
I use an i-book 10.4.11. I'm completely unable to access my photos through i-photos or to import from my camera. When I the computer tries to access the programme (ie. the little 'wheel' spins forever) but without result.

I updated Adobe reader recently. Could this have affected my settings or something, do you think?

Trouble is, I'm not sure how to uninstall it to see if that will make a difference.

Any help gratefully received.

Patsyann

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I use an i-book 10.4.11. I'm completely unable to access my photos through i-photos or to import from my camera. When I the computer tries to access the programme (ie. the little 'wheel' spins forever) but without result.

I updated Adobe reader recently. Could this have affected my settings or something, do you think?

Trouble is, I'm not sure how to uninstall it to see if that will make a difference.

Any help gratefully received.

Patsyann

Import from your camera... you mean you can't import the photos physically from your camera to your computer, or can't import them from the save location to iPhoto?

If you can't import from a location on your computer to iPhoto, follow these steps:

1.) Open Finder (the icon on the dock with two faces) and find the location.

2.) Open iPhoto.

3.) Drag the photos you wish to import from Finder to iPhoto.

4.) Label an event for these photos, or organize them as nessecary.

5.) Edit as desired, or do whatever you planned to do with the photos.

6.) Export to desired location.

7.) Repeat.

If you can't import from your camera to your computer, then here are some options:

Install your camera's software. By this, I mean, if it is, say, an EOS D-SLR, then install the Canon Utilities that probably came with your camera.

OR

Get a card reader for your type of memory card. If it is a CF (Compact Flash) memory card, then get a reader for that type. If you have many different types, for example, an SD for a point and shoot, CF for a DSLR, then get one compatible with both those, an all-in-one. These are very convenient.

If none of these work, then I suggest calling Apple, or bringing it into your Apple store.

Good Luck! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.