How do you capture music from Sirius?

Reaction score
Hello does anyone know how to record Sirius music on the iMac?

thank you mark

Please help, can you advise me of how you can record music from sirius?

thank you so much

thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I don't claim to know much about Sirius, having tried unsuccessfully to use it here, but in so doing I was introduced to FStream, a free internet radio player from which you can record. If you can persuade the url of whatever Sirius station you're listening to into FStream, you're in business!
FStream 1.4.2 software download - Mac OS X - VersionTracker

If you want to stay with Sirius, then Audio Hijack will record from it. AH is not free.

And while I'm at it, pay a visit here: http://www.mikesradioworld.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
A friend of mine uses TimeTrax, though I don't know if they have a version for Mac. I usually just get my stuff from him, since we listen to the same music.

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the best way but you could use a line in cable for an ipod plug that into your raido and your mac and use a recoding software like wave pad to capture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
This is a duplicate thread?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Merged cross-posted threads.

C

chas_m

I don't know Replay AV as I'm not a Windows user, but there's a number of ways to record sound on a Mac. I happen to use the $32 Audio Hijack Pro and find it superior to all the alternatives.

C

chas_m

As I mentioned above, I don't want to record from sound card with software like Hijack. I can use freeware Audacity instead of it, but I want to have a digital copy of the stream.

I'm confused. If you have a Sirius subscription, you can use any of a dozen or so programs to listen to that music on your computer. Audio Hijack Pro (and other such programs) record directly from the app you're using (whatever it is) to listen to the music. How is this not fully digital?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.