Build own Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
The next computer i own, i want to build myself, because i have had hardware problems on both sides, with PC and Mac computers in the past. This won't be happening for a while, but, is there a way that when i build myself a machine, that i could possibly put both Mac and PC on it? Like is there some sort of internal component i would need to buy for Mac? Because i know OSX can't be installed on PCs, so i'm wondering if this could ever happen. I have become quite accustomed to using Mac, and i will always use PCs, so is it a possibility?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There is no legal way to run OS X on non-Apple hardware, period. However, there's nothing stopping you from running Windows on a Mac. So, if you're going to buy a new desktop, just get an iMac or a Mini and put Windows on it via Boot Camp. Done deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external
if you legally purchase a copy of osx then i dont see why it wouldnt be legal to make a personal copy with a small file hack to install osx on a pc so long as you dont distribute the hacked version. i've seen some pages on how to run leopard on a pc, requires some somewhat specific hardware, but it can be done.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Installing OS X on non-Apple hardware is a violation of the EULA and as such is illegal. Since we don't permit discussion of illegal activity on this forum, this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.