New To Mac :]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 4th Generation 2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2048 MB RAM OS X 10.5.7
I love to record, but I have almost no money right now. The only reason I was able to get a MacBook Pro was because of some serious luck.

Now, I have a small problem. I installed Windows Vista Ultimate SP 1 so I could play the current games I already own and to record (Adobe Audition is the only program I really know right now and I have no $$$) but I plugged in my little cheap-o microphone into the audio in plug but it wasn't able to register any sound...?

I want to know just what I'm doing wrong. I'm new with the Mac OS X and just with the hardware for MacBook itself. Can someone help me out??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
The input is stereo on the Mac Book Pro, it's a line in not a mic input. You can do 1 of 2 things, first get a small cheapo mixer, like a 2-6 channel Berhingher and run the tape monitor RCAs into a stereo mini jack and plug it in (I do this works good!). This will allow you to run several mics at once if you want, just make sure you have a good balanced mix coming off the board first. Second option, use the built in mic in the Macbook, believe it or not, it sounds really money for a computer mic. I've used in Garageband for some idea recordings with an acoustic guitar and it actually turned out good enough for use in the recording! Thirdly, give Garageband a whirl, it's actually an AWESOME recording program for free!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.