Citrix connection using MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hello Everyone - I do not know if I am posting this in the corect thread but here it goes. I have a MacBook Pro and I use it to connect into a Citrix environment at work. When I attempt to remote a windows box using RDP I notice that I am not able to use passwords with #, $, !, or any other special symbols.

Has anyone run into this issue and if so can it be cured?

Thanks...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Are you using Citrix or RDP? I've never encountered this issue with either product.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06 ghz 4gb Ram 1tb, Ipod Touch 1g, iPhone 3G, iBook G4 1.2ghz 1.25 GB
Yeah, I don't have the problem with Citrix either.

Reaction score
I have never been able to access our Citrix server at work using Safari. I have been using Firefox with Citrix to access our systems a work using my IMAC successfully since I purchased it several months ago until just recently. Now, it lets me logon but I can't open Citrix session due to a data transfer error. After searching the internet for solutions I was finally able to resolve the problem myself by re-installing an older version of Firefox and now Citrix works great. My final configuration is running on Mac OS X Version 10.5.5, Citrix ICA Client Version 10.00.601 and Firefox version 2.0.0.14 downloadable at the following Website "www.mac.oldapps.com/firefox.php"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.