"Get a free ::fill in the blank::!!!!" Posts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Please be aware that it is not permissible to spam the forum with any posts regarding getting free merchandise. This includes, but is not limited to iPods, Mac minis, etc.

Please see the Forum Rules or this post if you have questions.

Breaking this rule is grounds for being banned. If you have questions, please PM a moderator. Thank you for your understanding.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
You know, its not so bad posting really great deals, but devoting a thread to it is just down right annoying. Personally if im looking for a great deal, i will go to people or ask, you don't need to tell people about it, its just wasting our time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Yeah I agree, it is annoying when people start spam on the forums

J

jaymenna78734

Is it possible......

Would it be possible for the moderators to post the confirmation email address and the email of the registered domain owner to which the evil post points to?

(This is a rhetorical question....i know you cant, but I guy can dream)

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not quite sure what you're asking for or why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I hate those that join and just start those spam threads, I personally feel that if someone wants to tell us about a great deal as graphite mentioned, they should post such info in the buy, sell, and trade forum. even if they aren't selling the item, if its related to macs and a sale or purchase opportunity of some type, it should go there IMO.

I

iDVFH.

I've seen forums that make you wait 3-5 days to post after signing up to stop spammers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
We don't mind taking the time to ban them so that our members do not have to wait to post. Sometimes people have a quick question that needs answering for them to get on with work and we don't want to make it hard for those people.. and if they get a good enough and quick enough answer, then they usually come back and many times become a great part of the community.. so it's worth it for us to let the spammers hit, then we go in clean it up and ban them. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
another forum that i use you need like 20 posts in order to post a new thread in the classifieds....you can post within a thread already created, just cant create your own. it annoys a lot of people but really...how difficult is 20 posts...that is macman's avg posts per day ;)

-chris

J

Jefe3223

iDVFH. said:
I've seen forums that make you wait 3-5 days to post after signing up to stop spammers.
But if you did that, then you wouldn't have heard from lovely me, for, like, three whole days!!! -Blastphamy

K

kingcrowing2

well, my first post was, I BOUGHT A NEW MAC, I NEED HELP!!! if i had to wait a week to ask, i would've been in big trouble by then, and soon after that ,probably less than 20 posts later it was: BUY MY MAC I WANT A NEW ONE! so... i like it the way it is, theres not too much spam on this forum, yet, lets hope it stays that way

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
You have a good point about there not being enough spam on this forum to regulate how many posts a member needs to have before they can post a thread. I'm sure the mods get some satisfaction out of banning people. :eek: :spook:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
heh well those type of people.. definitely, and I just hope it helps them learn something in social networking.. besides "Don't go to mac forums to advertise.. they'll ban you" :) I really really dislike banning people, but spammers.. whew.. you are right.. I do get some satisfaction from it.. almost makes the 500 spams a day in my inbox worth it :)

Reaction score
Graphite said:
You know, its not so bad posting really great deals, but devoting a thread to it is just down right annoying. Personally if im looking for a great deal, i will go to people or ask, you don't need to tell people about it, its just wasting our time.

Its not wasting time at all. If someone makes a thread with a good deal it's kind of nice from them. Maybe you just happened to be looking for what they posted. We could always have "The Official Good Deals Thread"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
shaun89 said:
Its not wasting time at all. If someone makes a thread with a good deal it's kind of nice from them. Maybe you just happened to be looking for what they posted. We could always have "The Official Good Deals Thread"

..no..

E

EvoMac

I don't think he was refering to those crappy free ipod posts. Perhaps a thread for good deals that we stumble across on the web. Typically stuff like that gets its own thread, perhaps to cut down on extra threads we can have one official thread.

The thread could have posts like: "Dell 2005fpw on sale for $xxx.xx @ site.com"

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Probably the best place for those types of "deals" would be in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

F

Fallooza

i dont get it. who buys stuff that come to them as spam? car insurance, employment, free stuff, love,..... who out there has gotter anything from there spam??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.