Usb 2.0?

D

dalert

I'm still thinking about switching,you see I bought my computer about 6 months,but I've had nothing but problems,Windows Xp hasn't given me a single blue screen of death ,but about 2 days ago,just started to tell me that the ntldr was missing and wouln't do anything!!!!Just out of the blue like that!!.

So here is my question which I hope someone can answer :D do all MAc's come with USB 2.0?

If not is it expensive or difficult to upgrade them?Is it possible at all?

That's one of the few things holding me from switching,the other is,is there any programs for the Mac that are good for filesahring of programs iso's and games?

I hope someone can answer my questions :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Macs dont have usb 2.0 at all. They still have 1.2 or what ever. But they do have Firewire 400 which is about 40mbs slower, and firewire 800 which is about 360mbs faster...

With macintosh you wont have any problems, and if you do, its simple to fix.

Its possible to upgrade your macs. Difficult on a few...

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Graphite said:
Macs dont have usb 2.0 at all. They still have 1.2 or what ever. But they do have Firewire 400 which is about 40mbs slower, and firewire 800 which is about 360mbs faster...

With macintosh you wont have any problems, and if you do, its simple to fix.

Its possible to upgrade your macs. Difficult on a few...
nuh uh!
The PowerMac G5 has USB 2.0

OP
N

nko

The G5s do come with USB 2.0, but any powermac is probably gonna be a snap to pop a PCI card in to. If you need the fast USB, don't go for a notebook, iMac or eMac. Eh, maybe a PowerBook, if you can get a PC card for it.

For file sharing, I'm using "Poisoned," which can use several different networks, including FastTrack, which is what Kazaa uses. It's real nice. I've tried some file sharing things for Linux, but they were hard to set up and rarely got a successful download, so I wasn't looking forward to using one on a Mac, but it was easy to setup and has a great rate of successful downloads. It's about as good as Kazaa when downloading from a FastTrack user, but you also get the other networks, and they're often successful, too. Like some sorta Kazaa+. But not exactly a massive +, just a little one :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Man im gone for a week and a half, LET ME BE WRONG! :D

I forgot all about the G5.. believe it or not.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Graphite said:

*gasp*
You forgot about a never endong dream?????!!!!! OMG BAN HIM!!!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Graphite said:

Your just pulling our leg.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.