wireless harddrive

Reaction score
I need some help setting up a harddrive on my network. My network consists of an airport extreme and 2 airport expresses relaying the signal through WDS. I hooked up a 500 gig my book harddrive to the extreme in order to put all my itunes movies and shows on it. The problem is that it only steams the movies correctly if i'm directly connected to the extreme. When Im connected to one either of the expresses its too slow and freezes the itunes. The network is wireless-n (compatible with G and B). The problem is that I use my laptop in my room and also have an apple tv in my room and they only get the signal using the express. Is there any way i can speed it up? The express gets perfect signal from the extreme and i get perfect from the express so should it really be loosing that much speed? Is there any way i can hook up a harddrive to the express, can i use an NAS drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I believe the express only supports wireless printing over the usb the extreme
supports both printing and hard drive you could use a nas on the extreme.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.