Internet connection problem

Reaction score
Hey!

I was just looking for a little help with an internet connection problem I have been having. I am using a 80gb MacBook with OS X 10.4.11.

The problem is that occasionally my internet just will not connect to websites, the signal could be strong but nothing will load. Restarting usually solves this but it is getting really annoying!!

The problem started when we got a new BT Homehub2 but no one else in my house is suffering from the same problem (I live with three other people, two pc users :p and an iMac user)

Anyone have any helpful ideas on how to solve this? or what may be wrong?

:D :D Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
I found a post online that someone's adapter wasn't compatible with WPA so they set encryption to WEP. Have you tried this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White, Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz, 2 GB Ram, 100GB HD
You could using an ethernet cable and see where you get with that. If you're not getting disconnected that way then you can be pretty sure it's a problem specific wireless.

I've heard of microwaves interfering with internet connections, maybe something similar is happening with you?

Without knowing anything more about your configuration, you could try changing the encryption type (or even removing it for a little bit, if you feel safe enough to do that where you live, just to see if that's the problem). Also, you might try manually configuring your network connection on your mac, instead of using DHCP.

So many things could be the problem, hope one of those helps ya out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
It doesn't sound like RF interference since other users get online without any problem, unless his Mac is near a cordless phone base/handset or microwave but that should cause intermittent interference, not total interference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.