How do I install drivers in XP?

Reaction score
So I installed Windows XP on my OS X (10.5.5) to play some old PC games (mostly Fallout 1 and 2 to rev up for the new game) and I don't have any of the drivers installed when I launch Windows. I know this is a noob question but how do I go about doing this? I've had the toughest time navigating through this cross operating system BS and boot camp is no help so if someone could hold my hand that'd be awesome.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
So I installed Windows XP on my OS X (10.5.5) to play some old PC games (mostly Fallout 1 and 2 to rev up for the new game) and I don't have any of the drivers installed when I launch Windows. I know this is a noob question but how do I go about doing this?

While booted into Windows, pop in your System Disc 1 (or Leopard disc). The driver installation process will start automatically.

I've had the toughest time navigating through this cross operating system BS and boot camp is no help so if someone could hold my hand that'd be awesome.

When the Boot Camp Assistant is run for the first time, it prompts you to print out instructions. All of the relevant steps are covered in this documentation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.