Time machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook pro 15" 200GB 512 GC
Hi,
Im having a bit of a problem with my time machine, on windows, i can connect to it, but only for the internet, however on mac, i can access the HDD and see it on airport, do you have any ideas, ive reset and it fully works, with green light and everything,
Thanks
Joe

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The reason you can't see the hard drive is you haven't properly setup the wireless network and sharing in Windows. What kind of router are you using?

Are you by chance using an Airport Extreme or Airport Base Station? If so, you must install the Windows component software in order for it to work.

Regards.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook pro 15" 200GB 512 GC
Sorry,i probably didn't make myself clear enough, it used to work, i had windows programs intakked on it, it came up as the Z drive, but then one day, when i tried to config it for my xbox, it just stopped working, so i reset, and i could still read it in mac, but not in windows, and im using the air port utility that you get on the disc, all up to date.Also, i have my "wireless" router connected through ethenet into the back of to give it internet, then i turned off the wireless part of the router and now the time machine is me wireless router, i connect to the internet no probs through the time capsule, i just cant see it in airport or as a HDD
Thanks
Joe

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.